Monday 2 January 2012

Big Bouncer

 
Here is the result of my work over the Christmas break building a polygonal human head with time spent getting proper topology. I built the head from a single box in Maya starting from the nose and working out. 

Once the generic base mesh was built with clean edge flow I exported the model as an .OBJ file into ZBrush where I was then able to sculpt the head into something a bit more individual.

Once I had the plump face modeled to my liking I used the UV Master plugin to create a UV map that I could work with without having to do too much work.

I am more familiar with the Mudbox painting interface so after exporting the model from ZBrush i was able to paint directly onto the model giving the surface the appearance of flesh.

Moving the model back into ZBrush I was able to use the sculpting tools to sculpt the different shapes and expressions from the face and one by one build a library of movements that I created switches for in Maya. These switches are referred to as blendshapes.





No comments:

Post a Comment